Tuesday 26 March 2013

Happy Holi!

Image credits goes to the original uploader @Deviantart ~ehabm


It is sometimes funny to see life complete one of its many circles. Like this other day I was being challenged by my 10 years old nephew who said will color me deep and dark before I can even reach his milky white cheeks. I also have been given an ultimatum - I am not supposed to reach our in-house play ground (where we celebrate holi) before 10. Now, he and many of you guys don't know I am a fucking veteran when the matter is of playing holi. Dirty holi! On first look I may look naive and gullible; but looks can be very deceptive mind you! That little guy is going to have a bad time tomorrow! ;)

I love colors which will be evident the moment you meet me. Needless to mention I love celebrating holi. I have seen all shades of holi - on one side hundreds of people playing holi in an open ground ready to use color, polish, paint, tea, coffee, cow dung and anything plausibly imaginable by a human brain and on other side me alone with a college novel, hogging biriyani and watching television on a holi day. You know what I learned? I learned that life may dessert you at times but that doesn't disqualify you for having celebrations. I learned that one needs the company of friends but one may be able survive even when they are not around. And most importantly, one must never, even in worst of situations, lose hopes for celebrations or bend ways of it.

आया था एक तन्हाई का लम्हा हमें गुमनाम करने;
आज हमारे अंदाज़ की मिसालें देता फिरता है|


I may sound old and rusty and cliched but it is true - Holi is not celebrated the way it used to earlier. No filth, no love, no naughtiness; just hypocrisies. People, instead of playing holi, take the responsibility of being and activist on the internet and post photos and messages that say ' do not waste water'. Where did your heart went when you took a bath with 10 buckets of hot water just because you were feeling cold? These activists are no one but some holi hating piece of junk who now have a better reason to avoid holi. It is a hearty request -  if you do not want to play holi, don't. Please do not decrease the morale of the people who actually wish to celebrate holi!

All being said, I wish you and your family a happy and joyous holi. May Lord Vishnu garner your lives with lots and lots of colors. I will meet you guys soon in another one of my blog posts. Holi Haiiii! :)

Until next time,
Adios!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Watcha think?

Popular Posts