Friday 24 August 2012

A Day In The Life Of An Engineer

There is no denying the fact that engineers all across the world are weirdest of the species. Not only they are semi-intellectual freaks, but also are socially degenerated. That is how world sees them. The story though is a bit different.

Though engineers all around the globe are different, yet they possess stark similarities in their life styles. Here I explain a typical day in the life of an engineer, which will obviously be me!

Weekdays

1. Every day, after I wake up, first thing to come out of my mind is God's name. Though the second thing always is - "Fuck! I'm late." Yes, for no good reason to back the fact, engineers always sleep late at night. Pass the frontbenchers and the nerd types, any engineer sleeping before the midnight is a rare sight.

2. Then starts a 45 minute rush of getting up, attending nature's call, brushing and bathing (conditions apply*) and getting ready for the class. And in between that, happens a lot of cursing and scolding and abusing to clear up the slots for the bathrooms and for missing slippers/shirts/trousers/towels/underwear and what not!

3. Finally ready, I ride on my motorcycle and reach college in ten minutes, in the process bypassing the road jams. Having a bike really helps and saves some 10 more extra minutes for sleep. People traveling in auto-rickshaws on the other hand have a hard time in the traffic jams.

4. If I manage to reach the first class within the first 10 minutes of its inception, I will be lucky enough to get the attendance. If not, scolding and lectures, plus no attendance. Attendance is the key! If it were not for attendance, 70% of the population wouldn't even show up even once for the lectures.

5. Rest of the day is almost the same for every self respecting 20 year old of this country. Boring lectures and scolding professors. If it weren't for my friends and gossip, I cannot even imagine surviving lectures all through the day.

6. After a whole lot of brain busting, as soon as I reach home, I crash on bed. If there are no tasks lined up like meeting a friend/making food/cleaning etc. I would sleep.

7. Then begins the night, the favorite part of my day. It depends how one utilizes it. Some prefer watching a movie and some prefer playing cards. I prefer playing games or read a book or write something. Studies? Are you fuckin' kidding me? 

That my friend is the end of a weekday.

Weekends

1. What rain is to a heating body is what weekends are to the engineers or to any mortal for the matter of fact. After a freaking 5 days of daily torture for 8 hours, one finally gets to unwind. Though I may not guarantee all 5 of the weekdays were not bunks, a holiday is a holiday after all. 

2. Now, people do stuff on weekend nights. Many go to restaurants, drink, play cards etc. Some lucky bastards who have the luxury of a girl friend stick to their phones the whole god damn night! Feviquick, here they are! I like a sort of a get together of friends and talk through the night. High frequency intellectual shit is emitted in these kind of meetings, mixed with a heavy dose of slangs.Heavy informational facts are exchanged, out of which, many are either irrelevant, inaccurate or made up. Men!

3. The next morning, or afternoon rather, is a sure-shot hangover for some and a day followed by a lot of boredom for many. Even though how much I hate to admit it, Sunday and Saturday afternoons are usually boring and long. A wise guy once said - "You cannot appreciate the miracle of a bunk unless you have attended a fair amount of chickenshit lectures." That wise guy is none other than me. *lovely wink*

4. The life again goes inside a 'for' loop (sorry for the nerd that gets out of me every now and then) and the errands of meeting up deadlines (though none of them are met) and completing assignments (every word of which is copied from an authentic source) continues. 

Engineers are always running short of time. Out of all the chaos that we go through every day, how can one possibly do anything unconventional or out of the box. Top it off with the meager count of the opposite sex present, out of which 80% are lunatic looking! And then you call us sociopaths huh? Start respecting engineers, or we would stop inventing stuff for you! (*wink-of-attitude*) Until next time,

Adios!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Watcha think?

Popular Posts